Thursday, June 9, 2011

Reflection...

I just wanted to share some things I've been thinking about lately about my Crossfit journey. I feel  like lately I continue to surprise myself with the daily accomplishments I am making. Thanks to the most amazing and encouraging coaches at Crossfit Redline I feel like there are no limits right now! Last week we had to jump over  a box 5 times for a warm up. I initially looked at the box and said no way I cant do that. I stopped my self for a second and thought about some encouraging words I have been getting..."Believe in Yourself", "You Are Strong", etc. I took one look at the box and with no hesitation jumped. Made it over easy, then completed the other four. I thought to myself, why do I doubt myself?! I can do this, I can do anything that I put my mind to! I am strong, I am an athlete! I just need to believe it, not sometimes, all the time.
I have also made some incredible friends. The people I train with are genuine, kind, encouraging and we all understand each other because we are all there going through the same thing when we are there, and we come for the same reason. We have a passion for it, a desire to do better and be better, and if we miss a day we think we are missing everything! To explain this to someone "outside the box" is almost impossible, they don't get "it", they don't get "us". So thank you to all my coaches and my fellow athletes and friends...for making me better.

3 comments:

  1. I love this...great job Natalie! Might we see Natalie and AJ Zellers on the CrossFit Redline regional team next year?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the goal, I would love to do be able to get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Natalie for encouraging others as well. Most of all thanks for letting me compete with my goals by having A.J. for my "OLD MAN" push. Know it or not you both make me work harder when I don't want to.

    ReplyDelete