Friday, May 20, 2011

What Helen did for me

So last nights WOD was Helen. 3 rounds for time of 400m run, 21 kettle bell swings and 12 pull ups. I got a taste last night of what the coaches get to feel every day. It was the 3rd round at the 400m run. I was running up to one of the athletes as he stopped to walk, I ran up next to him and said "oh no, you are running, run with me lets go"... so he did. So we ran side by side for a bit and once we started getting close to the box I told him to "beat me!", "come on beat me!" And he did, he started to sprint back to the box! It was one of the greatest feelings to know a little encouragement from me helped him out like that, he went from walking to sprinting to finish! Now I think I know why the coaches do what they do, what a rewarding job! It also really made me realize how your head can get to you if you let it. Push your limits each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment